Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Neiman Marcus Cookies!

Hello friends! This by far the best cookie recipe ever!! I remember Kelly (sister) making them one time growing up and I loved them (hence they were in my wonderful tried and true recipe book) and still to this day the Spann clan (in the words of mals) lurrrves them too! So I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys! (Emily.. has your mom made them yet?)

here ya go!

eee no I did not take that picture but you know if I had it would have taken me years to get it on here so I googled one, BUT that is how they look.. basically :)

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, not margarine
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
12 oz chocolate chips
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt

4 oz grated Hershey chocolate bar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 and 1/2 Cups blended oatmeal (place in blender and blend until fine powder)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, blended oatmeal, salt, and baking powder and soda. Add gradually to butter mixture until combined.

Add chocolate chips and grated chocolate and stir. Bake for 10 minutes.

**This recipe has been halved from the original. You can double these amounts if you want to make a TON of cookies. I only make this halved recipe and have close to 50ish cookies. The extra dough I have I put in balls and freeze them so I can make them when we want a few and they're warm and gooey :)

Enjoy!
Bakin Blake!

5 comments:

  1. There are five of us friendies now. And, those cookies are the best, my mom's favorite! So easy to do with the K-Aid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has nothing to do with cookies, but rather with backgrounds for blogs!

    http://www.shabbyblogs.com/backgrounds.html

    Thought you would love to look at these since yours blog is so shabby-tastic! (not that you should change yours at all, hello!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked at the shabby and just didn't find one that i was hooked on! but I like the one I have at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, you have 6 friendies blake. i'm not a "follower," but i am a follower. what does it mean by "grated" chocolate bar? would that not produce shavings and not chips? those look delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly mol,

    The shavings are indeed shavings. You add those AND choco chips to the batter. yummmm :) it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete