Saturday, October 16, 2010

Camping!!


So it's almost been a month. Only because I am so slow at uploading pictures! lo siento!

David and I went camping. He called me at 4:30 on a friday and said.. "HEY, want to go camping?" My response.. "...SURE!" So then we had to figure out what we needed for camping and headed on out! We went to Pace Bend State Park west of Austin. It was beautiful!!


David had to set up the tent at 11pm in the dark. Everything I tried to help with had to be redone so I was little to zero help!

We're finally finished and need to go to sleeeeep. I only brought A&M apparel for the weekend. Was not thinking about how I was going to be in Austin all weekend. oops!

I was determined to wake up for the sunrise. Here we are! After this I basically jumped out of our tent to find a bathroom. Emma however was headed straight for the lake!



Our tent all set up in daylight! Emma is such a good guard dog!



We hiked for about 2 1/2 hours in the morning! Emma could not be trusted, which explains the lease to the belt method! I do hope we do not have to do this with our kids one day; however, it is likely!



Our water well!



David makes our fire! Which we ended up eating steaks over the fire with mac n cheese and broc! yummm! We ate dinner, roasted mellows, had hot chocolate and then called it a night! We were pretty tired so went to sleep early only to wake up at 6am to make it back in time for church! No worries the sun is not up at 6 in the morning so we had to take down our tent in the dark as well! :)

Overall a really really fun weekend with the hubs. I recommend it if you don't mind sleeping outside and not exactly having a bathroom. Next camping trip.. Nov. 5-7 with our bible study group!

Till then, trying to pack our apartment in boxes for the move! only 13ish days! :)
Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment